Comuni will establish and be an ecosystem for investment and wealth creation in sustainable communities supported by blockchain and green technologies. The blockchain-based ecosystem will cover financing, development, and maintenance of sustainable communities, with wide-ranging ESG (environmental, social, governmental) coverage.
Comuni will facilitate financing of affordable housing by employing modern green construction, household and industry technologies in combination with concepts for social sustainability and leasing like financing for buyers. The established communities will go beyond plain housing, incorporate shared and circular economy approaches (for example by employing bio waste management, local water cleaning, and energy production/transformation). The Comuni blockchain with its (securities and utility) tokens will support the finance flow (e.g., crowdsourcing and partial ownership of the communities, smart contracts to process value transfer). It will establish means for value creation, transfer, and maintenance within the communities (e.g., through food production, facility care taking, service provision etc.). Comuni will thus create an economic and social novelty for community development that further addresses the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (e.g., clean water and sanitation, affordable and clean energy, industry, innovation and infrastructure, sustainable cities and communities).
Comuni as an organization will increase its value through elements of classical financing fees, although minimized to support affordability, blockchain processing, and partial “ownership” of the Comuni communities. Investors in Comuni will thus gain value as Comuni grows.
There is a tremendous shortage of good quality, affordable housing worldwide. Modern construction techniques and materials and household technologies could be used to powerful effect. Gentrification, unsustainable real estate price developments and relatively high transport costs have been pushing workers out of major cities, increasing their commute and general costs of living while lowering their living standards.
(Using the UK and Ireland as examples; the same problems exist throughout Europe and the rest of the world):
For public housing systems to meet the needs of the society must form a key part of any country’s housing system. Such systems do not exist or are underdeveloped in the majority of countries and will need to be built or improved, far beyond the UK and Ireland, across continental Europe.
Comuni aims to establish a blockchain-based ecosystem (incl. “Comuni tokens”) that addresses the causes and thus supports building sustainable affordable housing communities by
1. Providing an innovative financing system: Investors finance the site development (buying “Comuni tokens” which will be utility/securities tokens at first. Once first Comuni communities have been established these tokens will become asset backed (by the built sites). Investors are paid back through smart contracts in either fiat money, or they can retain Comuni tokens for wealth growth.
2. Providing a financial ecosystem for the housing communities: “Home buyers” would buy the Comuni tokens which would give them partial ownership of the community rather than owning a specific apartment or house. In this way, every “owner” is part of the community and has an interest to maintain or increase the value of Comuni tokens through improvement of the housing and the community life (e.g., preserver buildings and household appliances)
3. Providing an ecosystem that would allow value generation/increase and transfer within the community (greenhouse food production could for example easily be a part of a Comuni community, energy generation through processing of organic waste, service offering such as repair services for house, plumbing etc.)
4. Providing fully IoT-enabled living spaces: Modern (IoT and smart) technologies have been employed and tested numerously around the world making clear cases for their ability to create better living spaces (safety for women and children, energy efficiency, water quality, security etc.). They make communities energy and cost efficient and stimulate community development by better connecting its citizens.
5. Increasing value of the Comuni tokens and thus Comuni: Comuni would retain a percentage of investments and value generation, mainly through initial charges and blockchain processing (PoS, PoW…)
The considerable number of people in need of affordable housing signifies a huge demand on the one hand, with significant amounts of funding available looking for investment opportunities on the other hand. The value of the UK housing market alone is about $9 trillion. Over the medium term, we expect a significant downtrend in the global real estate market, particularly in the UK, Ireland, and continental Europe. This downtrend will have multiple effects on housing, communities, and investment development. It will offer a great opportunity to introduce the Comuni approach because Couni can directly address existing and upcoming concerns for investors, citizens, and communities/government.
At the same time, the approach will go beyond the clear economic case. Comuni will address the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), making investment in Comuni for ESG-oriented investors very attractive, Mainly:
Goal 6: Clean water and sanitation
Goal 7: Affordable and clean energy
Goal 9: Industry, innovation and infrastructure
Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities
Goal 17: Partnerships for the goals
would be addressed.
If you have any questions